Saturday, June 9, 2007

Paris Hilton

One question: WHY?

WHY do I go to the internet to view newsworthy world events and see the face of Paris Hilton - both striking a pose for her police mugshot and in dreadful tears - plastered everywhere? How is it that a "Paris Hilton" headline tops out a story about another dead soldier in Iraq? Or a story about a 15-year-old girl found in a hidden room in a house in Connecticut, having been missing for a year...? I'm sorry, but the incarceration (or re-incarceration) of a starlet - one who just happens to come from a wealthy big-name family - is really quite irrelevant to me.

Is our society really that shallow? I guess I always knew on some level that we were a society generally obsessed with stars and stardom. But this is getting to be ridiculous.

And now I've wasted 15 minutes writing about her. Good grief...

No comments: