Sunday, August 5, 2007

'Manage' Defined

Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary defines 'manage' as follows:

MANAGE (verb)
Etymology: Italian maneggiare, from mano hand, from Latin manus.
(1) to handle or direct with a degree of skill as (a) to make and keep compliant; (b) to treat with care; (c) to exercise executive, administrative, and supervisory direction of
(2) to work upon or try to alter for a purpose
(3) to succeed in accomplishing
(4) to direct the professional career of

I thought I worked with and for managers. But I was clearly wrong.

I read recently about a 'management seminar' of sorts. I think they should all attend - our managers - and leave the worker bees to run the program for a while. We'll do fine. They need a few lessons.

Grrr... Another day in paradise (aka 'Iraq').

No comments: